Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Sale Fell

top of Sale Fell

I had to compromise with Jonathan today.  He nearly never came out for a run.  I agreed to go local rather than a little bit further to finish off the Northern Fells I missed out on on Friday.  I met Jonathan in Cockermouth and he jumped into my car.  I considered driving to the bottom of Dodd Wood to do the run I had wanted to do but decided to be kind and went to Sale Fell.

We donned waterproofs and headed off in an anti-clockwise loop, climbing up the long sloped nose of Sale Fell to the top.  My legs were a bit achy today so rather than the planned five miles, we did a little loop over to Rivings and then back around the front of the fell.  Back at the road, we did a little bit more to make the distance up to a 5k.

stay dry and stay cool

happy to get out

looking across Bassenthwaite to the elusive Dodd and Longside Edge

No comments:

Post a Comment