Friday, July 12, 2013

Red Screes and Middle Dodd

from Red Screes trig column over to Froswick and Ill Bell

I was out nice and early this morning to bag a couple of Eastern Wainwrights.  The climb up to Red Screes is pretty straightforward from the car park.  There is a decent path all the way to the top.  From here you can see the lower Middle Dodd and it's a nice little stroll down to this summit.  I made my own way down the steep side of Middle Dodd rather than follow a path and then continued up the road over the top of the Kirkstone Pass back to my car.

just under 3 miles

misty car park

climbing now looking back over the car park and the pub

cloud soon burned off

Red Screes.  Brothers Water is visible to the right of the trig column
 
down to Middle Dodd
 
Middle Dodd

I set off to do these fells a few weeks ago and parked in the car park and then didn't bother going up because of cloud.  I'm glad I waited, some beautiful views today.

No comments:

Post a Comment