Saturday, November 24, 2012

Back in the Saddle


After an enforced lay off due to the return of an old knee injury, it was nice to get back out today.  The knee still isn't right, I have been referred for an MRI and x-ray, which is what I wanted to happen.  If, as I suspect, I have damaged my ACL, the more I do, the more damage I will do so I have been trying to take it easy.  I thought that a bike ride would be within the comfort limits.  It was.

20 mile route from home
 
Grand Designs
The route took us through Branthwaite and past the home of Judith and Alan Dawson which was featured on Grand Designs.  I used to know Judith through my work and some of my colleagues still keep in touch.

There are a few Grand Designs in the Lake District.  It's obviously a great place to situate a home.

It was a cold day but I was wrapped up pretty well.  My toes were freezing!  I need to get some of those overshoe things.


No comments:

Post a Comment