Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A turn of weather in Langdale


I was looking forward to a nice walk around Great Langdale, starting with the steep ascent up to Stickle Tarn, then looping around the back, bagging six Wainwrights (five new 'uns).  Even better, my gorgeous wife was coming with me!  Here is the planned route:

the green is as far as we got

actual route
 
Heading up a group of children ghyll scrambling

plenty of water flowing down for them





looking back over the path and Lingmoor Fell



stepping stones
 
mug shot


 
up at Stickle Tarn

climbing up to Harrison Stickle, starting to hail a bit now

quite a bit
 

ok, time to turn back

we've got our waterproofs on, just take it steady


view opened up again to Lingmoor Fell.

Back down to Stickle Barn for a pint and a packet of crisps.  It got really clear on the way down but we had already set off back and I think it was the right decision.  Hopefully, my wife will come walking with me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment