Saturday, April 14, 2012

New Bike

Not me, I'm saving up for a mountain bike.  But today is the day that Jonathan picked up his new bike, a 2011 Specialized Secteur Sport, and when I say that he picked it up, ahem:

cheesy grin outside Keswick Mountainbikes

The plan was that I would ride to Keswick, about 15 miles on the route I had planned, meet him there and we would ride back.  I took an alternative route on the way there, I had planned to go over Whinlatter (from the easy side) but got lost on my way to Lorton.  This meant it took me longer and I went on the main road a bit more.  Here is the total route, including the 7 or so miles from Jonathan's house back to mine:


The direct route would have been to go to Eaglesfield, then lorton, then over Whinlatter pass to Keswick.  Nevermind.  We came back around the back of Bassenthwaite and through Cockermouth.  We had pretty good weather and my total distance was just over 50 miles.  


Jonathan will be bugging me to tell him how far he went before long...

No comments:

Post a Comment