Sunday, January 1, 2012

Grisdale Pike fell run


From November 2011, this was one of my first proper fell runs.  I had planned to do the classic horseshoe, crossing over at Coledale Hause and coming back down Barrow but if you look at the 3d map (click for larger image) you can probably see how I succumbed to the temptation of the long slow downhill of Swineside.



starting off in the woods, I didn't take the most efficient route to Sleet How

great views towards Blencathra




 
playing with the light settings on my iphone.  I'm hoping to get a proper camera for my birthday










 
looking down into the forest where I would get (slightly) lost towards the end of the run
 


Grisdale Pike



back in the forest, all these tracks look the same (uh-oh)

rehydration strategy - soya hot chocolate

No comments:

Post a Comment