Saturday, October 13, 2012

Robinson (miss that dog)

Robinson was one of the first big fells I tackled. It holds a magnificent position on the north edge of Buttermere. There are brilliant views all around.

Climbing Robinson, looking back over Coledale fells

Looking down over the road along the ridge of Rannerdale Knotts

This was a walk with my dog, Oscar. Not too long after this, we were all set to emigrate to Australia. We sent Oscar over to live with the inlaws and then our house sale fell through and the housing market crashed. Oscar is still living it up down under.


I was originally quite depressed about the move falling through. I spent some time thinking about it and was eventually able to see the experience more positively (I wrote about it here). I learnt to really love the Lake District, started a blog etc etc...

Oscar, miss you buddy

I do miss my dog though. He used to come running with me all the time.

Buttermere and Robinson and the High Style range

Buttermere with Fleetwith Pike, Haystacks etc. Scarth Gap Pass visible
climbing from the far corner of the lake




Favourite picture of Oscar




Top of Robinson





Oscar always liked a good swim. He would get filthy on every walk. Then go for a swim, sit in the back of my car all the way home and then go and sleep in his shed once we got home. He was always fluffy and clean again the next day.


Cooling off



Hatstacks across Buttermere

Miss that dog.



No comments:

Post a Comment